In a significant advancement for electric vehicle (EV) technology, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has introduced the ElectricDrive 2, a new member of its ElectricDrive tire line. Set to be released in May 2024, this all-season tire for EVs is notable for its blend of environmentally friendly materials, enhanced rolling resistance capabilities, and durable tread life. The ElectricDrive 2, consisting of more than 50% sustainable materials by weight, marks a key milestone in Goodyear’s commitment to eco-friendly manufacturing practices.
Tailored for the EV Driver
Goodyear’s research into EV consumer preferences revealed a high demand for tires that support a noiseless driving experience and reliable performance on wet surfaces. To address these needs, the ElectricDrive 2 integrates SoundComfort Technology for reduced vehicle interior noise and an asymmetric tread design for dependable handling in various road conditions.
David Reese, Vice President of Product Development at Goodyear Americas, underscored the company’s initiative to cater to the growing EV market, focusing on performance and sustainability. The ElectricDrive 2 is a response to the heightened interest in environmentally conscious tires that do not compromise on performance.
Wide Range Compatibility and Launch Details
The new tire will be offered in 17 sizes to fit a broad array of popular EV models including Tesla (Models Y, 3, and S), Ford Mustang Mach-E, Chevy Bolt, Audi Q4 e-tron, among others.
ElectricDrive 2’s Distinct Features
- Noise Reduction Technology: Incorporates SoundComfort Technology® to significantly lessen sound inside the vehicle.
- Eco-Friendly Composition: Utilizes over 50% sustainable materials like soybean oil, rice husk ash silica, and eco-sourced natural rubber.
- Optimized Tread Pattern: Ensures solid performance on wet and dry surfaces.
- Long-Lasting Tread: Designed for resilience, maximizing the tire’s lifespan for EV users.
- Aerodynamically Efficient: Features a design that reduces aerodynamic drag and improves rolling resistance.
The ElectricDrive 2 will hit the market in May 2024. Additional information can be obtained from Goodyear’s website or through authorized dealers.
Goodyear at a Glance
As one of the world’s foremost tire companies, Goodyear employs around 74,000 individuals and has production facilities in 57 locations across 23 countries. Its Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg are at the forefront of developing advanced products and services that are setting industry standards.
This article was co-written using AI and was then heavily edited and optimized by our editorial team.